Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Costs Cutting

It seems inevitable. To continue staying where I am now seems to be more likely than ever.

The rent i'm paying now is nearly $1600pcm. If I downgrade, i need a minimum 2 bedder. In any good location, i would need to pay about 1100-1500pcm.

The savings are not as much or worth the effort of moving, not to mention all other costs involved. All the connection fees, redirections costs, removalists, etc.

Some areas we looked at were in the West so public transport is poor and security is bad. I wouldn't dare to let my wife use trains especially in the evenings and nights. That'll be a big problem too as she doesn't have a drivers license yet.

So, it seems we have to squeze ourselves a bit to save the difference. Meaning less dining outside, electricity & water usage to be cut down by at least 30% and less badminton for me!

Let's see if we can save an extra $400pcm.

Bad news is we're going back soon so money will be spent. Hopefully the AUD will keep the momentum going upwards. Then I can save some from the exchange rates!

Maybe I need to hope for money coming out from the skies!

Aih...why am I so poor??????

No comments: