Monday, June 22, 2009

Road Block

What could have been a beautiful finish on the road to redemption was wrecked in a major road block. My aim was to get two runner up positions for both Mixed and Mens events but I fall one position short!

After knewing my team mates for the Mens event, honestly, I knew I couldn't stand a chance getting champion or runners up. However, we couldn't even get 3rd position so we had to settle for the last position! All teams are much stronger than us in both tactically and skills wise. Nonetheless, I still wanted to challenge them!

We only managed to win a game from the 3 series that we played. Shame on us~! We nearly won a series when my teammates were leading 26-22 in the decider but they lost 30-27 in the end. Too bad!!

Team events really talks about team efforts and not individual performance. So naturally, I couldn't carry the team like how Jordan carried the Bulls, Kobe carried the Lakers, etc. Skills wise, I'm still way below par!

My aim now would be to improve more and hopefully reach A grade within 1-2 years?!! HAHAHHA!!

I know I'm dreaming but it's all good~! I started playing and training around 2006, managed to reach D grade finals...OK lah...not too bad!! If only I didn't stop between 2007-2008, I might have been a B grader by now....oh well!!

Also, maybe it's time to look for more consistent partners for competitions....hmm...!

No comments: