Saturday, June 20, 2009

Slow Starter

This is one of my bad habits: a slow starter. Needed quite a while to get myself warmed up and get into top form.

Today, this has caused us the championship in the mixed events. Quite unfortunate that the first team we played was the strongest team. We lost the first match by 2 points, I think. Mostly due to unforced errors. Then we won the second match to bring it level 1-1. However, in the decider, I crumbled and lost! I guess that's what you get from a scratch pair! So, we lost the series 2-1. We can only complained "If only....".

After that game, we knew each others' games well now. So, we went undefeated throughout the tournament. Just quite unfortunate that the other team didn't lose any series after that. If they had lost one series, we could have been the champ! Luckily, we didn't end up empty handed as we won the runner up trophies. :)

However, no excuses and congratulations to the champ.

Time to get rested and prepare for my the Mens' team event tomorrow. Need to get down to business early and not making the same mistakes again. My team mates are again scratch pairs, never team up with them before. Guess it'll be another tough road ahead.

No comments: