Saturday, February 14, 2009

Uni Students -> Glory Days?

Most people would regard their University days as their glory days or golden era, where their self confidence are on record high (For most!). Subsequently for some, this would degenerate like any great empire would after a period of time. Though, some great ones would be even better than before.

As they gone from Uni life to working life, they soon realised things aren't as simple or easy as it seems. When they thought they knew half the text book, they actually knew less than 1/10th.

However, these days I'm doubting their glory days would be in their Uni days. Students these days don't know much at all. Topics ranging from general knowledge to basic medical information, public transport to cars, and A-Z.

What I found out recently from my apartment, MiCasa8 is that University students do not even know how to use an intercom! I would say 7/10 students complained that the intercom is faulty, which of course made me think it was really faulty.

Never had I have so many people complaining about something in common has broken down, not even for hot water systems!

In the end, I found out that students do not know how to use an intercom! What they did was, they just press the unit number but didn't press the "key" button. Alamak! Ini bukanlah susah sangat! Aiyo yo! (Gosh, this isn't rocket science!).

Initially, I thought OK, maybe no clear instructions given so that's why they all made silly mistakes. Today, I went to have a look at the intercom system and guess what....

Instruction is as clear as it could be....If this is when students are at their best, I would be really worried about tomorrow's leader.

No comments: