Monday, March 9, 2009

My New Ride - Mazda 6

Last Saturday, I went to have a look at some cars because I wanted to upgrade my car as you all know my car is kinda old now, small and not comfortable. Not going shopping blindly, I did some research prior to that.

Was supposed to go the Mazda dealer in Mulgrave around 11am. However, I went to our house in Hoppers Crossing around 9.30am. Finished what I needed to do around 10am, was checking the mail and saw a Mazda dealer nearby.

So I went to the Mazda dealer in Hoppers Crossing (they're known as Werribee Mazda). Saw a nice coloured Mazda6 with an OK price. I swear I wasn't planning to buy it on the spot.

After I had a test drive of the car, I just LOVED it! Gotta have it. Now is a matter of getting my old Lancer some dignity back into it. They were offering me like $4k for my car, I was like "hello? I could get $7K on private sale easily?"

Then we negotiated and as usual, I don't really like to back down too much but sometimes I have a soft spot. I got nearly $6K out of them. Not the best result I would hope for but good enough for "small blue (小蓝)" considering there're small bits and pieces, which has gone bad to it :P It'll probably costs them around $500-1000 to get it all touched up anyway :P

Anyway, glad I got the new Mazda6. Been driving it only for 3 days and all I can say is, EXCELLENT.

The drive feels good & quiet, control is good, cornering stability is good, interior looks nice. Just no cons whatsoever! And not wanting one in the future too :P

I managed to test on the ABS brakes as well last night. A moron (pedestrian) did a dash on the lights and I think I would have hit him if it wasn't for the brakes! I saw his face, no signs of sorriness. Bloody idiot! He's those kinda rubbish who wander around the City at nights causing nuisance to everyone, whom our new Mayor is trying to clean the City streets of.

Anyway, of all the different cars I've driven so far (Mitsubishi Lancer, Mitsubish Magna, Ford Fairlane, Toyota Yaris, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Camry, etc.), this Mazda6 still top my list!

Rating: 9.5/10 (I'm sure there're better ones out there, just couldn't afford them yet! :P)

This will hopefully be my car for a very long time.....:)

Here're some photos for you guys to have a look at.






4 comments:

BSL said...

Hey,rich people,got new house and new car.What is ur next target?hehe...

berryli said...

new wife.

Ching said...

what happen to the little yarris now?

berryli said...

The little Yaris is left to gather dust in the garage as it doesn't have any insurance at the moment.. sometimes badcliq uses it when he goes for sports la...(short distance nia)