Sunday, October 26, 2008

先斩后奏

One of the famous righteous official (清官) in Chinese history, Bao Zheng (包拯) has a very special privilege that most officials would dream of having. It's the "先斩后奏 " (Execute first, inform later) privilege. It's one of the most effective "tool" against corrupted Government officials in his time.

Today I've the honour to experience the special privilege as well. Something was announced to the public without my consent, in a way, give me no other choice but to conform with the "order". I was definitely not expecting it nor I have any intention to go previously.

Sure, I did go to South Korea for the Evangelism Experience trip with Bu Pyeong Methodist Church. To read my experience there, click here. There're few parts for it. And yes, I should share my experience & gains from Korea. However, what happen to a common thing we called "respect others' decisions"? By the way, there're 3 others from our church that went. Why me? I believe others are in a better place to share than myself. I'm the least suitable person to share publically in the church right now.

Last week, I was approached regarding this matter but my answer was a simple "not really, see first" as I don't want to make any commitments to it. I myself have not attended the
Wednesday prayer meeting for quite some time now, so I may not be the best person to share it during Wednesday prayer meeting. If I'm there encouraging others to join Wed prayer meeting and myself not joining in the future, wouldn't I be called a hypocrite?

I only understand today, "see first" is actually a "yes". So people next time you say "see first", beware!

Oh bugger! Now I have to think about what to share. It's not easy to share everything you learned in 2 weeks in just 10-15 minutes!

1 comment:

berryli said...

Haha, some people might say you're already a hypocrite, so it doesn't matter anymore :p Ya lor, what about me? I also went to Korea what... how come I wasn't approached?? maybe don't have the 'status'? Hahaha..

Sharing in prayer meeting is fruitless, cos not all the upper level people ie. LCEC attend prayer meeting so they won't be able to hear all these and make changes in our church. If they want to use our experiences to help revive our spiritually bankrupt church, then maybe this Korean experience should be shared during a Sunday service where everyone who is SOMEBODY will be there.

And they won't like what we are going to say :p