Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Moments

For the past week, I've been waiting for Friday to come as I anxiously awaits the Friday prayer gathering. Maybe it's the only time I can gather with a few friends to come together before God and pray. The last Friday (10/10/08), the gathering was a bit "weird", it seems most people are not focus or very motivated. Perhaps the latest series of church news have discouraged them or causing them to lose faith. Some didn't even turn up that Friday.

So I was determined to try something new to try to keep the fire alive. From Saturday (11/10) right up to the last minute before it starts, I was praying & planning on how to make it better. So, I used something I learnt from the Korean people. I selected 2 hymns for the night (I never lead a prayer meeting with songs before because I didn't know how to sing properly). The hymns are 奮起歌 & 求主引我. We also tried shouting "主啊!主啊!主啊!after the song then pray out loud. It sounded funny at first but who wouldn't! To have a look at how Koreans pray, check this post.

The feeling that night for me is pretty good. I can feel everyone tried to pray out loud and most importantly, everyone prayed earnestly. Let's hope we can go further and experience the Holy Spirit among us more often! By the way, someone told me the number of attendance for Friday actually outnumber the Wednesday one, Wow! Keep it up, people!

Then we had our Local Conference on Saturday morning, not too impressed I would say. Everything was worse than we expected. We had 91 (or 93?) members on the book however, only a maximum of 31 turned up. During the whole meeting, people come in & out, the attendance was hovering around 25-29 for most of the day. It was not a good sign for the church! Less than 1/3 of the members are present! Should our church leaders be concerned about this issue? It doesn't seems like it. Perhaps as usual, they would shift the blame to timing, exam & assignments period. Back in July, I wrote a letter to our Pastor-Parish relations Committee (PPRC) regarding this matter, and I did get a lot of unwanted trouble because of that. Nonetheless, they should now be able to see much clearer the reason for my letter. The election process was quite terrible I would say, nothing spectacular or worth mentioning.

Anyway, I was supposed to lead the small group 3rd W on that night itself. I wasn't totally prepared though my leader, Bick Seng did try his best to translate the materials for me (I don't know how to read Chinese) and sent it to me on Tuesday. When I saw the materials, I didn't know how to lead it in an exciting way. So I just prayed, Oh God, help me again!! I didn't get any answer or tips though. -_-

When the time came for me to lead, I just led naturally hoping my experience would be enough to carry me through it.The first few parts were quite dry & boring, to be honest! However, luckily all members participate more as time went by. So, I was able to lead better and eventually managed to get more sharing out for that night. The topic is about God's lamb (not too exciting I know! :P). However, I've added sub topics like repentance, forgiveness and salvation to it. Hopefully all the members will hear it and act on it. I guess that's the way God answered my prayer. Instead of telling me what to do in advance, He wanted me to trust in Him all the way, He'll open the way when times come. Hallelujah!

During the 3rd W time, I suddenly had a feeling that I don't want the moments to end. I was looking at my members sitting in circle around me, I just didn't want the moment to end, I want the sharing to go on & on, everyone to be with one another, etc. It has been a while since I've that feelings in small group. Hope it will last and I'll be able to share it with them next time. We need members to have such feelings for the small group to grow healthier. Add oil people!!
My small group members (this is not picture from last night :P)

Yen Shing & Bick Seng

By the way, yesterday we celebrated Yen Shing's birthday 1 day in advance. We managed to get her to join us to have covenant before God as well. Only told her to have 1 covenant instead of 4-6. She has agreed to read a bible passage daily. Woo Hoo!! Thank God! Hopefully everyone will try to keep to their covenant & grow deeper in Christ!

Looking forward to coming Friday & Saturday!

====================================================================
As requested, translation via google. It won't be super accurate so if you feel blur, read the English part!

在过去的一周,我一直在等待周五来,我焦急地等待星期五祈祷聚会。也许这是唯一一次我可以收集与几个朋友走到一起在上帝面前祷告。在上周五( 10/10/08 ) ,收集是一个有点“怪” ,似乎大多数人都没有重点,或者非常动机。也许最近的一系列教堂的消息劝阻他们或使他们失去信心。有些甚至没有出现在星期五。

所以, 我决定尝试新事物,以尽量保持消防活着。从星期六( 11月十日)的权利直到最后一刻才开始,我祈祷与规划如何使之变得更好。所以,我用我学到的东西从韩国人。我选择第2赞美诗夜(我从来没有带领祈祷会前的 歌曲,因为我不知道如何正确地唱歌) 。是的赞美诗奋起歌&求主引我。我们还尝试高喊“主啊!主啊!主啊!的歌曲后,然后大声祈祷。这听起来可笑,但在第一次谁不!要看看韩国如何祈祷,检查这 一职务。

这种感觉,那天晚上对我来说是相当不错。我能感觉到每个人都试图大声祈祷和最重要的是,每个人都认真祈祷。让我们希望我们能走得更远和经验圣灵在我们中间更经常!顺便说一句,有人告诉我,一些出席星期五的实际人数超过一个星期三,哇!请继续保持,人民!

然 后,我们有我们的本地会议上周六早晨,没有太多的印象我想说的。一切不如我们的预期。我们有91 (或93 ? )成员的新书然而,只有最多31人。在整个会议上,人们在与的,是出席25日至29日徘徊在多数时间。这不是一个好兆头的教堂!不到1 / 3的成员是本!如果我们的教会领导人关心这个问题?它似乎并不喜欢它。也许像往常一样,他们将转向归咎于时间,考试期间及转让。早在7月,我写了一封信给 我们的牧师,帕里什关系委员会(政党登记委员会)关于这件事,我也得到了很多不必要的麻烦,因为这一点。然而,他们现在应该可以看到更清楚的原因我的信。 选举过程是相当可怕的我要说,没有什么引人注目的还是值得一提。

反正我是要带领小团体第三W对,那天晚上本身。我没有完全准备虽然我 的领袖, Bick恒生没有尽最大努力争取在翻译的材料对我来说(我不知道如何阅读中国)和发送给我星期二。当我看到的材料,我不知道如何导致在一个令人兴奋的方 式。所以,我只是祈求,上帝啊,帮助我再次!我没有得到任何答案或提示的。 - _ -

当时候,我带头,我只是导致自然希望我的经验 将足以携带箱通过it.The头几年有相当部分干与无聊,说实话!然而,幸运的所有成员更多地参与随着时间的流逝了。所以,我能够更好地领导并最终成功地 获得更多的分享了晚上。这个专题是关于上帝的羔羊(不是太令人兴奋的我知道! :对) 。然而,我已将分议题忏悔,宽恕和拯救它。希望所有成员将听取并采取行动。我想这是上帝的方式回答我的祈祷。不是告诉我怎么做,事先他要我信任他所有的方 式,他会打开时候到来。哈利路亚!

在第3 W时,我突然有一种感觉,我不想的时刻结束。我一直在寻找我的成员坐在我周围的圈子,我只是不想结束的时刻,我想分享去& ,每个人都必须相互合作,等等这是一个,而自从我'维生素E的感情小团体。希望它将过去,我将能够分享这与他们明年的时间。我们需要的成员有这样的感情小 团体健康成长。购买石油的人!
我的小团体的成员(这不是图片从昨晚:对)


顺便说一下,昨天我们庆祝日元城门的生日1天提前。我们设法让她加入我们的上帝面前公约以及。只有告诉她有1个契约而不是4-6 。她已经同意宣读了圣经每日通行。胡加!感谢上帝!希望每个人都将尽量保持其与增长公约在基督更深!

展望未来周五和周六!

No comments: