Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Return of Monopoly

Arguably one of the most popular board games of all time, Monopoly. One would have thought only kids play that game, I mean I played it when I was like 9 years of age! I still remember the days playing against my cousins in a small town called Mukah. Who would have thought of playing the actual board game again? I have played the computer version of Monopoly last year but got bored as computer AI is still not as smart! So I've unistalled it.Until recently, thanks to one of our cell group members named Betty (the self proclaimed, cutest of em' all), she bought a new version of the Monopoly (World Edition). She was quite desperate to play the game each time. Pity Ye Seng who has to accompany her to play the game most of the time (also letting her build hotels, houses, etc and let her win the game :P)

So, as her group mates in the small group as well as the Friday gatherings, we decided to play the game as well. My oh my, it has since become an addiction for us!! For the past 2 weeks, every Friday & Saturday we would stay back after the gatherings to play monopoly! It normally ended around 1-2am! Even during exam periods!

Each time we have different winners, but normally the interesting thing is finding out who the loser is! Maybe it was due to me who during our 1st game mentioned that I'd never lose a monopoly game before, so they all wanted to see me lose! Bugger! I lost on the first night! Went bankrupt after hitting "Paris" with 3 houses I think. Then the cute Nexus who was the victor also lost on other nights. He only managed to buy 2 land titles and was hoping to lose 1/4 way through! By the way, Betty always seems to get the "Free parking" to collect all the taxes! Don't know how she does it, EVERYTIME! A bit unfair...:P
Betty
Nexus

Anyway, next time if we do play, I'll be the banker. I'm going to change the rules a little bit to add more spice into the game! Maybe we could have recession periods, booming periods, land prices falls, auction of land titles, lower interest rate loans for players, etc! It could be more fun!!

Ladies & gentlemens, get your dice ready! A new & improved monopoly will be on the way!

1 comment:

Alexder said...

Check out MIND GAMES .. I still reminisce playing a board game of that sort ( with the recessions, depression,booming that sorts of stuff) .. perfect game to experience what's happening in reality such as Australia's drastic economy downfall nowadays XD