Monday, November 24, 2008

A Time For Everything

Just as I thought my days are going downhill like the stock market, I found something to keep me rebounded up a bit. Last night and this morning, I spent some quiet time before God as I'm quite lost in terms of directions. Surely enough as usual, my cries didn't go unanswered. God as amazing as He is, give me a direction this morning.

I was reading through the book of Ecclesiastes (傳 道 書 )chapter 3.
1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace. More
How relief I was upon reading that. There're always a time for everything. I don't have to accomplish everything at once or feel bad about it just because it didn't happen the way it is supposed to be.

A friend of mine also left me the same message in my MSN this morning. I was double confirmed by it. Awesome God, You used others as a communication bridge to others :)

I was also reminded of a story I once heard:
There were 2 farmers praying for rain in their drought areas. Both prayed earnestly, night & day. One of them went out to prepare the field everyday to expect the rain. The other one did nothing but just waits for God to deliver the rain. Now, who is the person with greater faith?
Same principle apply to us as well. When God deliver the rains, are we ready for it? Am I ready for it? Are you ready for it?

I don't know about you but I'm not totally ready yet! I need to spend more time in front of God, seeking His will.

By the way, I saw my new building today. I must say, I'm quite impressed! For more information about it, go here

No comments: