Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Days In 2009

So 2009 has started, not exactly with a Bang but rather slowly. It's not something unexpected, well as you know, I'm in Melbourne! Duh~!

Anyway, been enjoying my morning & evening peak hour drive as there're a lot less cars off the roads. The main reasons are there're no kids going to school and some companies are still closed for holidays! My normal 45 minutes run from home using suburban roads would just take me about 30 minutes these days. If I took the freeway, I just needed 20 minutes while if normal days, it'd be over 1 hour! How nice is it if everyday is like today :)

I guess that's one of the consequences of Victorian Govt who miscalculated or predicted the growth numbers for Melbourne. Migration just totally overloaded Melbourne causing traffic jams, water shortages, inflation, etc! How about removing 50,000 cars off the roads each morning? Everyone would be happier than before. Shorter travelling time to work means more productivity and increase efficiency. Employers should start to consider starting their staffs on different times like 8.30am or 9.30am to avoid everyone cramming to start at 9am.

Anyway, work has been busy for the last 3 days. Monday was basically playing catch up with about 400 emails and processing some applications. When I just got into my office, most of my colleagues are already there. I guess they're caught by surprise of how light traffic were. I was there 20 minutes earlier! I also got my new Ipod Nano when I came in. The delivery came during the holidays. Tuesday, started to ring some landlords and introduced myself. Also informing them of their apartments' new tenant. Something different as well today, I got an Ipod to listen to! Woohoo! So basically, everyday I'm doing almost the same thing now. Checking emails, calling landlords & tenants, answering enquiries. I think my phone calls are 50% of my company's calls these 2 days.

On Wednesdays, I'll be signing a few students to the apartment. I've arranged about 8-9 students to come each day to sign their leases. Say 1 student needs 30 minutes, that's about 270 minutes (4.5 hours) alone doing sign ups! Imagine I have to repeat the same thing over & over again! Probably get RSI on my mouth after this month! I got 210 apartments to fill. *gulps*
Oh by the way, got quite a bit of debt to clear on my credit card this month too! My rents have also increased with my brother moving out. Argh.....bad timing

10 comments:

BobbySunG said...

Good start for the year

LEENYWEENY♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HBK said...

Joleen,

Yes, I work as a property manager.

Less than $250pw is a bit hard.

If you can strecth it to about $265pw, I might have something for you.

Most of them are going for the $305-315pw mark already. So depending on how lucky you are, you might be able to get 1 or 2 for under $265pw

LEENYWEENY♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HBK said...

Go to http://www.s-h-a.com.au and download the application form. Fill everything in then send it to my email at shawnl@s-h-a.com.au or info@s-h-a.com.au

Then I can let you know what will be available. At home now, don't have my list with me.

When are you coming to Melb?

LEENYWEENY♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HBK said...

Well, if you like Micasa8 (131 Pelham St), you can apply for that 1.

Form is easy to fill lah...

LEENYWEENY♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HBK said...

Don't be lazy...you're gonna need to fill those applications anyway if you ever want to rent in Melb.

Unless you buy a house/apartment yourself.

And no, I have hundreds of emails each day so I won't have time to fill the application for you...

Doing you a big favor already...:)

LEENYWEENY♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.