Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bu Pyeong Methodist Church - Part III & IV

We went to Seoul on Friday but didn't go to visit too many places. We joined a church tour so mainly we visited church buildings. Of course we do visit some places of attractions. We went to the 63 tower, Deoksu Gung, etc.

The palace is so small so wasn't too impressed. The only good thing is its' strategic location right in the middle of Seoul. We can only watch from the outside of the palace buildings. Yuen Li did get to wear the traditional dress, HanBok. Pretty? Haha!

After that, we went to Chung Dong Methodist Church, the first Methodist church in Korea. It has about 120 years history. Also can witness their love & commitment to God! Simply amazing. They have built a new building as well as their number grows in a fast pace!

Finally, during the night time, we joined a small group. The group is quite small, just 6 people but all are elders or LCEC members. The way they run the small group is very similar to ours, except no games or ice breaking because they are old or very close already. Their hospitality is really number 1. The wife made some traditional cakes for us to taste. Very nice!

Looking forward for the next 5am dawn prayer meeting!

Part IV
Yuen Li's birthday today (27th Sept), too bad i didn't prepare anything as I'm not familiar with Bu Pyeong area. Promised to make it up to her when we get back to Melbourne. Anyway, started with 5am prayer meeting again, the moment I've been waiting for. I so enjoyed the session, I'm looking forward for more! This time one of the main thing I prayed for was confirmation from God.

As some of you know one of my tasks was to speak to Bishop regarding the matters of the church, I was quite reluctant when I see him. Don't know why, just seems discouraged to speak to him. Had a feeling it would be the same anyway, not going to make a difference. However, from the things I've learned in these few days, I know I need to depend on prayer, and only on prayer alone things will work out especially spiritual battle.

I asked God, whether i should approach Bishop? Am I over reacting? Am I doing the wrong thing to do so? I was confused. So in the dawn prayer meeting, I prayed, "God, if it's your will for me to speak to bishop about this matter & show that I'm not doing things selfishly or for own goodness sake, please show me the sign. If it's your will, please have bishop inviting for the conversation instead of me initiating. That way I'll know Your will for me and may it be done."

On that day itself, during dinner, Bishop approached me and asked if I want to talk about it. I was shocked but very happy. How much more clearer can you be?? It was so direct, the exact answer that I wanted from God. Hallejuyah! God really listen to prayers! Felt so happy that night.

So right now, we are just waiting for a time that suits both of us before we sit down & talk heart-to-heart.

During this day, we also heard of wonderful testimony from a CFO of Incheon Metropolitan city. How God has revealed himself to him & used him. Very good testimony.

See anything funny in this photo?
It was taken on our visit to the Korean War Museum.

During the night time, we had the opportunity to join their Youth Service and also the fellowship. The program they had that night is Cooking Competition named Dae Jang Geum! Their cooking is OK lah, not too special. :P However, most of these kids never cooked before, so it's a lot better compared to us already!

It's not easy to organise the cooking competition. Their members are over 250 for that night. They divided them into 12 groups of about 20 each. For more photos, refer to my facebook!

Looking forward for the next prayer session.

Will finally get to see a church of thousands gather together to worship God! It should be a wonderful experience!

No comments: