Friday, September 26, 2008

Bu Pyeong Methodist Church - Part III A

Woke up at 4.30am this morning, then took shower. Get myself ready for my first time ever prayer at 5am! Very excited! Has been so ever since I knew about it. Guess I'm quite a prayer freak!

The prayer meeting started with praise & worship followed by a message by their senior pastor. He was preaching about seeking forgiveness, not by ourselves but through God. Psalm 51 was chosen. Very good message. Short, direct, good examples and interesting. Nothing compared to what we usually have on our usual gatherings. The people are very responsive as well, shouting hallelujah, amen, etc.

When the prayer started, I was expecting something very charismatic due to the "warning" given to us by the Senior Pastor last night. How wrong was I. It was nothing charismatic, at least to me.

Instead you can feel the presence of God in the large hall. Before we even started praying, I can sense it. It gives me fear and sense of respect & submission. Initially, I was quite scared to pray because the feeling seems so close & intimate. Nothing like I ever felt before. I had many touching moments in my prayer life before, today was no where near it. It was beyond comprehension!

At least, I decided to pray together with the thousands and thousands of bro & sis in the hall. When I prayed, I felt God is working inside me. I tried to hold my tears, but without realising, tears drop from my eyes. I thought the roof was leaking because I normally hold my tears very well as I haven't cried for more than 10 years or so. I couldn't believe tears actually came out of my eyes, my nose running. What a moment! I forgotten that I have tissues with me, I tried to clean my tears and nose with my hands :P. Then I realised I actually had it, lucky. I used 4 ply of tissues to dry everything up. You can imagine how much tears I dropped there.

The more I prayed, the heavier the sense of conviction in me. I was praying for myself, my family, my wife, our church, our Rev Loi & family, our LCEC, our Sunday school, our church members, our mission works, our pastoral field (Melbourne City), our weekly Friday prayer gathering among friends, pray for more co-workers, praying for unity, etc etc. All prayer items just come running through my minds, the more I felt i needed to pray. I think I prayed for about 30-45 minutes with tears coming down.

It felt so good, it's really a pity that none of our church members are able to come & experience this except Yuen Li, Ervina & her mum. Where's our church co-workers? Our leaders? It can truly help our church to revive itself! We desperately need it!

Urging more & more people to join the prayer meeting or Friday gatherings, whichever you are comfortable with.

Going for breakfast now, then going to Seoul. More to come!

No comments: