Saturday, September 20, 2008

Crossroads

As most of you would have already known that I'll be away for 2 weeks from today. So my posting will be less unless I can get hold of wireless internet while in Korea. Hopefully I'll be able to keep updating you guys with things happening around myself as well as other stuffs.

The trip could mean something very big for us, especially myself. Let's keep one another in prayer as we approach the critical final 2 months before we reach our self imposed deadline. Some people would know what I meant, some wouldn't. Nevermind, when the time is right, I'll reveal this to everyone.

Recently, there're a lots of mouth bashing done against my friends and myself. Rumours have been spread to try to discredit us and taint our image. Here, I STRONGLY requesting those irresponsible people to refrain from making reckless & irresponsible "news" to the others. If you don't know the truth, don't talk as if you know the truth inside out. You'll only make a fool out of yourselves if we expose what you've done.

As for us, all we need to do is continue to do what's right. Have no fear because we know where we are going is the right directions. Have faith! God will listen to our prayers. Whatever the outcomes, let God decides.

By the way, let you guys have a preview of what we'll be doing in Korea.
1. Overview
* Bu-pyeong Methodist Church

In Bupyeong City, we met with senior pastor Rev. Daniel Han, and Pastor Peter Lee. It was my first visit to Korea and in a church of such a big size. We saw the building with its departments, and had a chance to ask several questions about the ministry of the church. We attended morning prayers and took part in one of the house-groups also. The house-group atmosphere was friendly and open. They shared the word of God and prayed earnestly. I am grateful for the short fellowship following the official program also.

* Galilee MCH in Chon An city

The history and recent ministry of this church was explained to us by several pastors. It was amazing to hear how the church membership grew and how they needed new buildings. We also attended different activities: morning prayers, children’s worship and clubs, youth worship, prayer group, Sunday worship, and the commissioning service for the large mission trip to China. Galilee church has a unique children’s ministry. The church motto is to be like the first church. Galilee church doesn’t want to become a mega church but rather plant new daughter churches in the area.

o Methodist retreat centre at Bun-Dang City

Here we spent two nights, using it as a base while we were at Bun-Dang city. I had very good personal prayer time at this place. More



Photos

I'll be putting our actual photos as soon as I can get them.

No comments: