Sunday, April 26, 2009

RACV - Total Care

Just before Easter, I got a call from RACV offering me free upgrade for my roadside assistance cover from my current existing Roadside Care package to Total Care package. Not sure whether next time my costs will be higher or not but I think it should be!

Anyway, for that cover, let's see what I can get:
Benefits

Total Care
$172 p.a
.

Extra Care
$125 p.a.
Roadside Care
$76 p.a
.

Accident advice

Yes


Yes


Yes


Accident Assistance

Yes


Yes



Minor parts to the value of $33*

Yes


Yes



Accommodation (100km+ from home) after an accident

Yes


Yes



Rental vehicle (100km+ from home) after an accident

Yes


Yes



Vehicle transportation (100km+ from home) after an accident

Yes




Covers any vehicle

Yes




Service calls per year

Unlimited

12 calls

8 calls

Towing - metropolitan

100 km

30 km

20 km

Towing - country

Yes


Yes


Yes


Accommodation (100km+ from home) after a breakdown

Yes


Yes


Yes


Rental vehicle (100km+ from home) after a breakdown

Yes


Yes


Yes


Taxi - to get you to your destination

Yes3 @ $80

Yes3 @ $60

Yes1 @ $50

Fuel - to get you to your nearest service station

Yes5 Litres

Yes5 Litres

Yes5 Litres

Vehicle recovery (100km+ from home) after a breakdown

Yes


Yes



Caravan & trailer assistance

Yes


Yes



Locksmith

Yes

Yes

Yes

Rental vehicle (close to home)

Yes




Use of mobile phone (where available)

Yes


Yes


Yes


Toll free phone number

Yes


Yes



Courier

Yes


Yes


Yes


Personal effects cover

Yes$275



Medical repatriation (Like Aussie Assist)

Yes




Fatal injury insurance

Yes$10,000



Legal advice from a barrister

Yesup to $330



National service

Yes


Yes


Yes


Special towing equipment allowance

Yes$220

Yes$220


Wheelchair/scooter cover

Yes




Bike Assist coverage

Yes



So if anyone has a car breakdown, out of petrol or flat tyres, just let me know! If I'm nearby, you can use this service for FREE too!!

I've only used this service once when I locked my keys in my old Lancer car previously. Didn't realised I have it for 4 years already! Soon I'm eligible for upgrade to Bronze Membership which will give me an extra 5% discount on all other RACV product/services aand Hertz car rental.

No comments: