Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stimulus Package

Stimulus Package: A term that I've never heard before in my life suddenly just became one of the most common term that I hear daily for the past few months. Every financially capable Governments around the world are stimulating their people, even some companies (Malaysia Airlines, etc) are applying the same technique.

Contrary to what we've always been taught: save, save and continue saving.

The package encourages: spend, spend and continue spending.

The theory is, keep the ball rolling and don't stop. Once it stops, you're dead. There're pros and cons to both spending and to continue saving.

To continue spending, you sort of "saving" the world by keeping it going but in actual fact, it might be just benefiting several minority groups. To continue saving and spend when you need to, you're classified as "selfish" as you only save enough money for yourself. It's also for a minority of people as most people don't know how to save!

So which is more righteous? I don't know....personally, I'd spend when I need or want if I felt it can bring me benefits in the long run. For the record, I've spent slightly more than the $900 package by Rudd!

The best way is to be the benefiting party when others keep spending. How to do that....? Let's slowly plan our way to it :P

Oh by the way, in times of recession, churches are not immuned too. Everything is in relative to one another. What'll be the churches' "stimulus package"? Any ideas...? :)

As my colleagues saying: Have you been stimulated yet?

No comments: