Friday, December 26, 2008

The Chronicles Of The Puppet Master

To celebrate my 100th post in this blog, I'll be summarizing how 2008 has been for me. It's just a coincident that the 100th post is so near to the end of 2008. No better time to look back and evaluate on what I've been through in 2008.

Financially
The year of the Rat also the first animal sign of the Chinese zodiac, promises the following:
In the "Year of the Rat", we can expect 12 months of plentiful opportunities and prospects not to mention being relatively free of turbulence, (which is great to know especially if you're planning on making some long-term investments, starting new projects, or keeping the home fires burning brightly).
Surely enough there were lots of opportunities that existed or missed by me. Done quite a bit of first time investing in currency, shares, properties, etc. There're all long term investments anyway so not reaping anything anytime soon. However, the last 1/4 of the year was not without turbulence as the world economy collapses and might last well into 2010 before it recovers! Nonetheless, as previously stated before, crisis also bring opportunities along. So, I'll be looking for more opportunities in the years ahead. Looking for business partners as well, anyone interested? :)

By the way, I don't believe in all those zodiac stuffs nor am I superstitious!

Church LCEC
Anyway, in my church I guess is where all the dramas are. I started out as the Chairperson, trying to bring some changes and reforms as we desperately needed them. Met with quite a few large oppositions as we all know, human are against change most of the time. So, I voluntarily gave up the position to be just a normal member to avoid more "confrontations". A lot of unexpected things have happened for the church as well. For good or bad, it's too early to tell. Nonetheless, my efforts and sacrifices are not totally wasted though for some people, they might think I've over-reacted. Someone also labelled my movements as "Shawnism". Ha Ha!
Gospel Camp 2008
Have led a bunch of young kids in organising the Gospel Camp for 2008 as well. I think it should be one of the most successful one ever as we had about 20 or 30 (can't remember now) non christian friends with us in the camp. Also, we had a few that accepted Christ in the camp. By the way, my role was an advisor in the camp. Maybe I advised too much in some sense, other leaders who are not in the camp committee felt like I'm the puppet master controlling the minds of the young kids! Ha Ha! Nonetheless, all credits due to those young boys and girls who spent about 12 months preparing for it. Hats off! :D Are they ready for the next BIG one? 2013?
Work
After a year in the Hawthorn Office, I feel like it's time to move on to greater challenge in work. I heard about Micasa8 coming online in 2009, so I thought I might give it a try! Most people would have preferred Hawthorn as it's less busy and more relaxing! However, I know the directions I'm going and where God wanted me to be. So, City here I come! Finally move to the City office around December 2008. It has only been less than a month, but I'm loving it! I had to give up an hour's sleep though! All worth it~ :)

Spiritual Life
The 11/12 months of 2008 has been a great year for me. Spiritually growing with minor setbacks. However, December has been really slack for me. I hardly read the bible or talk to God. I don't really know what He wants me to do in this month. Not that I asked Him anyway :P Maybe I haven't adjusted to my new lifestyle working in the City as it can be very tiring. Or perhaps because of all my prayer group members have gone back to Malaysia? It's hard to be one man standing these days! Was hoping to end 2008 on a high note but I guess a streak must end somewhere, and it just ended right before the year ends.

However, I know I'm ready to make a comeback. My determination and love for God should be able to overcome my laziness & slackness. Looking forward to another breakthrough in 2009. Had some plans in mind, now I just need to organise it with a few friends and we should be able to do more things for the people in the City of Melbourne!

Conclusion
There're so much more that I can share but I thought I better keep it short. Some of my 2008 memories can be found by reading this blog.

Anyway, if you asked me, what would I change if I can go back into time? Probably I'd say....I'd be more firm in my decision making as the chairperson to avoid the mess that has happened today.

2009 here I come!! Before that, I'll be going away on the 30th Dec to 1st Jan, so won't be posting anything then.

No comments: