Thursday, December 25, 2008

Season's Greetings

Ho Ho Ho~! My break officially started on the 24th at 12 noon. It's hardly we ever finish on time on the 24th, as over the years, we normally worked till 3-5pm! Nonetheless, this year has been better, probably thanks to the email server which went down on the 24th! So, I only had 3 emails from previous day! Woo hoo!!

On my way back to Box Hill after work, along Alexandra Parade while waiting at the lights, I felt something hit on top of me. Well, on top of my car to be exact! I thought it was some drunk dudes playing games spilling beers on top of my car. Then again, 12.30 pm seems too early for drunk people! After a while, I just realised it's bird's shit! Argh~~~~ How lucky I am!! Quite a big one too~! Must a be a big bird. I just looked through my side window, the shit just melting down & down. Once I got into the freeway, the 100km/hr force push some of it sideways too!


Today we went to Crossway Church as previously mentioned. It's only a 5 minute drive from my place. Was expecting a large crowd as Crossway is a big church, but parking was ample which is always good. Nonetheless, the auditorium was a full house! The last time I went there was for the Stream of Praise concert few years ago. Also met a friend whom I haven't seen since I last work in Prime Estate International! His name is Kar Seng. He has his own accountant business here in Box Hill. Very honest guy! So, those who are looking for a honest accountant or audit, do look for him. His office is on 17 Market Street, Box Hill! :D
Crossway also raised fund for Symbiosis work in Bangladesh. Their aim was to raise $200,000 today. The offering was collected during the Christmas Service, people can donate via credit card, cheque or cash. Within 45 minutes or so, they have already reach $150,000+. Amazing! Some people are not too impressed as we all know Crossway is a big church with strong financials. However, let's not forget the donation comes purely from the congregations on the spot (if I'm not mistaken!). Say we have about 500 attendance today, that's about $300 per person! In times of poor economic state, it's still quite impressive if you asked me! Apparently, this is one of their cultures. Each year during Christmas, there'll look for a non profit organisation and support their works in less fortunate countries. Keep it up, Crossway!

Anyway, preparing for potluck dinner tonight. While cleaning up, I saw some ants! They're really hardworking! Working to steal my stuffs even on Christmas day!! By the way, the white stuff is actually to kills the ants, they eat it, bring it to their nest and KABOOM!! Like a timebomb :D

I think we're going Mount Dandenongs tomorrow? Weather forecast tomorrow is 29 Celsius, just hope those annoying flies will stay away!

By the way, can anyone guess where this picture is taken? ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dude that post was dramatically full of randomness:P

HBK said...

Yeah..was gonna post 1st half on the 24th but no time, so post everything on 25th...heheh!