Monday, December 29, 2008

Not Over Yet

With only a few days before the New Year, most shoppers are probably done with their pre & post Christmas shopping. Some shops are looking rather empty on the shelves while some are still quite packed! As usual, we don't normally do our dash during Boxing Day due to the large crowds and long queues. It's not like we desperately wanted to buy anything but with so many things happening in December for me this year, more new things just come to me! It's not over yet!

Yesterday, we went to the Cantonese service in Crossway Church at 11am. It's Ok, fairly sized congregations but I think most of them are away on holidays still. Seen their creativity in promoting an outing trip and also wishing people a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year (they made a matrix like video of people playing table tennis!). It's a mixture of young and old, typical church settings. Can see from their body language, they yearn to be like their English counterpart which has the largest congregation size in their church. The good thing is, they are not just sitting there waiting for miracle to happen, they actually put an effort to it to be better. Not for themselves, but to be better to be able to bring the good news to the world.

After the service, Yuen Li went to do some shopping herself. She shopped for like 4 hours in Westfield, unbelievable! When I went to pick her up, I was expecting a few large bags where she would struggle to pick up, who knows it's only 2 bags. Should I say, Thank Goodness?! Anyway, she's been thrifty so I wasn't too worried about her spending unnecessarily. She bought me 2 new business shirts because she knows mine are mostly old or too "dull".

Anyway, today is my turn to do my shopping. Not that I have many on my shopping list. I went to MSY for their Nth Melb store opening to get myself some nice IT stuff. I bought a 1TB hard disk and a Microsoft Keyboard + mouse! You know what amazes me? The time I spent there! Not 30 mins, 60 mins but 1.5 hours!~! It's not because I'm browsing through the shelves, it was the waiting time! My gosh!! I had to queue outside the shop before I could get in the shop! It wasn't THAT many people but mainly the shop only open 2 counters to serve people. Not very smart? Normally, people would go in, know what they wanted, then pay for it. It just happens that we have a lot of people asking silly questions! Bugger!
Then I went to Smith Street to get myself a new sport shoes. Went to Adidas, Converse & Nike. My 3 must see shops. In the end, I bought a Nike Lebron V Low. I was going to buy the Air Jordan XX2 (on right) but it wasn't on special! Arghh~! I kinda like that shoes! It has my size as well~! The price is $180.00 so bugger it, can't afford it. Another pair of Air Jordan V that I saw, liked it, on specials BUT no size! Grrrrrr.. I like Air Jordan not because of the brand but because of the comfort and my feet doesn't hurt as much when wearing them. My current Air Jordan lasted me for about 4-5 years now, not bad :) By the way, Lebron V was on special 40% off, so i got it for $84 :) It's worth it ;)


So I spent a total of $263.00 today for the stuffs I bought. Will it be the last for 2008? Maybe, maybe not. Check out the reason why below.

When installing my new hard disk into my PC box, the power supply keeps cutting off after 1 sec. I guess it must be overloaded! Oh No!!! I knew I had some PSU problems previously because each time I add an USB device to my PC, after few seconds or minutes the PSU will overload and shut off. I totally forgotten about it when I bought my 1 TB hard disk! So, I guess I still need to buy a new PSU for my box. Just checked online, it's going to costs me about $134.00. I'll probably buy the Coolmaster Real Power 550W.

There goes my plan of upgrading my PC in 2009. New PSU, new hard disc, new keyboard, new mouse already~! I guess I might need to postpone my upgrades to 2010/11 unless I hit a jackpot or something (I wonder how someone can win if he doesn't buy those things? Found a ticket on the floor? Hmm)!

In the mean time, I just have to stick with my PC which has gone through a few major surgery: Brain (CPU upgrade to C2D, Body structure (Motherboard -actually a downgrade, previous MB damaged so replaced with cheap ones), and eyes (My 256MB display card damaged, replaced with in board graphic card - sucks!).

2 comments:

Raymond Chew said...

If i were u,I'l buy a decent laptop tat cost da same price as ur 1TB hard disk+keyboard and mouse+PSU..

HBK said...

You can hardly buy an Ipod with that amount ($179), not to mention a laptop.